The University of Houston-Downtown's literary and visual arts magazine is now accepting submissions for the Spring 2022 issue. Deadline: 11:59 PM CST on February 27, 2022.
This issue's theme is: Roots (Submissions closed)
Submissions should comply with the following guidelines:
Poetry: 3 to 5 pages
Fiction (short stories): up to 2,500 words
Creative Non-Fiction: up to 2,500 words
Literary Translation into English: Poetry 3 to 5 pages; or Prose: up to 2,500 words
Visual Art: Must be submitted electronically with minimum 600x 600px 300dpi.
1. Send your submission electronically to email@example.com. (Please email us before sending large graphics files.)
2. In the subject of the email, please include your full name and the genre for the work enclosed. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry"
3. The email should include a cover letter, short bio (up to 50 words), your full name as you want it to appear in the magazine, your email address, and your phone number.
4. The file with your work must be attached as a Word document (poetry, prose only) saved under your first and last name along with the genre for the piece. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry.docx"
5. If submitting multiple texts, each one should be in a separate Word document. (If you are submitting four poems, your email would include four Word doc. attachments, one for each poem submitted.)
6. Your name and contact information must appear on each page of your Word document. For example, "Sam Sample; firstname.lastname@example.org; (555) 555-5555."
7. Submissions may be in English, Spanish, or Spanglish.
8. If submitting a translation:
a. Include both the original and your translation into English.
b. Translators are expected to have identified the original copyright holder and have permission to publish the translated text. Please let us know if we can publish the original as well.
* Please follow all the above guidelines to be considered for publication.
Any questions regarding submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
©2022 by The Bayou Review.